Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Sand Hollow Trip- LOTS OF PICTURES

This past weekend we went to Sand Hollow with Cory's parents and two of his adorable nephews!! It was so much fun, and so awesome to get away for a weekend. We left Friday and intended to get down there about 1 in the afternoon, but we didn't end up getting there until about 5 that day!! We were running a little late to begin with, but then we made it all the way to Nephi and Cory realized that he forgot his air filters for the Banshee, so we had to drive all the way back to Mount Pleasant to get them, then all the way back to Nephi and then we were finally on our way!! FINALLY!!

Cor and I
So we got down there and the weather wasn't the greatest on Friday, so we just had dinner and hung out in the trailer to stay out of the rain. Saturday was an awesome day! The weather was perfect and we had so much fun. It really is such a fun place! I wish we had a boat so that we could enjoy everything down there, but it was still so fun! We went riding ALL day on Saturday! There are tons of Sand Dunes that we had fun riding, and then there are these huge rocks just everywhere that you can climb on! It was so much fun and I really want to go back down!! Hopefully we'll be able to make it again this year!!!
Cory's Dad and Treyson
Cory's Mom and Morgan



Treyson and Cor

I thought this bug was freakin awesome!! He had towed the Sand Buggy with his little bug and they were both awesome and the prettiest blue!!

Sand, Mountains, and Water- what more could you ask for!!

This was looking off of a huge ledge down onto the sand dunes and rocks- you can't really tell I'm that high up though...
Again from the ledge- just another direction!
I took this picture as we were leaving I just thought it was a pretty picture!
I am pretty sure these are Joshua Trees- but they were every random place you could think of!
This is Cory climbing one of the Sand Dunes!!
We had so much fun climbing all over the rocks- it was so cool! I wish it would have been warmer so we could get IN the water, but it was really cool because you could get out to where it was pretty deep just by walking on the rocks. Boats would actually dock by the rocks because the water was deep enough!!
Treyson and I
Cory called this one "Simba Rock" he wanted to walk out on it and hold Treyson out like Simba on the Lion King, but once he got on top of it he realized he couldn't walk out on it. It was only like 2 inches wide!

7 comments:

Smitty n' Chelle said...

looks like fun. we need to do something like that with our kids. our parents took us to do stuff like that all the time. that is one thing i hate about living in the city. all that fun stuff is so far away and here we don't know where anything like that would even be. i sure do miss UT!

Elin Brotherson said...

Looks like a ton of fun!!

daddymommyandbabysteggell said...

Your trip looks like it was so much fun. My husband has been wanting to take me there

Annalee and Buck said...

How fun! I want to go down there so bad, everyone who goes has so much fun. I think me and Buck are gonna try and go this summer. I loved the pics!

Cox Family said...

Umm... hello! Why didnt you come see me i am only like five minutes from there! Looks like you guys had fun call me next time your in town we should do lunch.

The Beesley's said...

love the pictures!! so when are we planning a trip down there?

Mandy Lee said...

how crazy we just got back from sand hollow it is an awesome play to go.